Dish up something a little different this week. Sausages are great comfort food for cold winter nights.
Serves 4 | Prep 5 minutes | Cook 30 minutes
- In a large non-stick frying pan over a low medium heat cook the sausages, turning every 10 minutes until golden all over and cooked through, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the pan, cover with foil and set aside.
- Into pan juices, add onions, cooking until golden.
- Sprinkle with sugar and toss to coat, lowering heat to caramelize, 5 minutes.
- To serve, place sausages then top with the caramelised onions and tomatoes.
- 8 thick sausages
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced & sliced