by Dietitian Kali Gray
Our next Food Event for the year: A Local Cheese Appreciation Evening with Peter Gross from Black Pearl Epicure. I just about fell off my chair when he agreed to do an event for us!
Peter travels internationally speaking about one of the best food topics on Earth ... CHEESE (naturally). His knowledge is second to none.
Here's what Peter will be sharing at this event:
- How cheese is made, covering vegetarian rennet, raw milk and lots more,
- Lactose levels in various cheese,
- Live demonstration of how to make a small batch of cheese (to taste at the end of the evening!),
- A look at feta and how it’s make,
- The difference between a Brie and a Camembert,
- How Camembert and cheddar are made,
- Triple Cream Brie with Truffle (YUM!),
- The foundations on how to pair cheese with wine, beer or cider.
- Cheese history and trivia, from how the Australian cheese industry started with the First Fleet in 1788,
- The growth of the Australian dairy and cheese industry,
- A look at our local cheese industry today.
You’ll also sample our local cheese showcase for the evening...premium quality Woombye cheese, hand-selected for perfection at its peak taste.
Peter's workshops often sell for up to $180 per head, so for just $15 ticket - which includes a vegetarian curry for dinner - these tickets won't last long!!!
I'll be officially announcing tickets for this event at our Tonic Herbs Seminar this Saturday in front of 150 guests...But because you're one of my special crew, I wanted to touch base this morning and offer you exclusive first-round bookings first.
Here are the details & how to book:
- When: Thursday, March 22nd 6pm to 8pm
- Where: Verandah Room, Maleny Community Centre
- Cost: $15
- Includes: Dinner (vegetarian curry) & samples of Woombye cheese & freshly made cheese demonstrated live.
- Online: Book Here to grab your ticket online
- Email: Kali at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: Maleny IGA (07) 5494 2257
I'm really excited about this event & hope to see you there! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out on the contacts above, or hit 'REPLY' to this email.
Yours in the joy of food :-)