Make an old classic minus the ‘Old & Classic’ method! This delicious Pumpkin soup will feed your soul & belly.
- Serves 4.
- Prep 10 minutes.
- Cook 4 hours.
- 1kg peeled, chopped pumpkin
- 2 small onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- ½ cup of cream
- Place the pumpkin, onion and stock in the slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, until pumpkin is soft and cooked through.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a stick blender, blend until nice and smooth.
- Stir in the cream.
- Season to taste and serve.
Optional: Sautéing the pumpkin and onion first in a little extra virgin olive oil creates a slightly richer flavour.