The perfect way to sneak more veggies into your meals.
- Serves 4
- Prep 5 minutes
- Cook 1 hours
- Heat a little olive oil in large nonstick frying pan, add onion; cook, stirring, until tender.
- Add beef and cook, stirring, until browned.
- Add pasta sauce, bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, season to taste.
- Meanwhile, line a baking dish with baking paper. Lay the 4 capsicum halves inside.
- Fill each with the mince mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until capsicums are tender.
- 2 large red capsicums, cut in half lengthways (membranes and seeds discarded)
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 cup (250ml) pasta sauce
Add extra veggies to the mince, such as diced celery, garlic and parsley and before baking sprinkled with a little Parmesan cheese. Come 6pm on a mid-week evening transform into Captain Veggie Smuggler, and these stuffed capsicums are the perfect recipe for all the fresh spring veggies.