Home GroWn Heroes ...
How We Support OUR Local Suppliers
People want to support their neighbours. It keeps money circulating and good vibes flowing within the community. At Maleny IGA we believe in promoting, supporting & selling local goods and products. We promote local and Australian made products heavily with our unique blue ticket system. Any products produced locally will have a blue cow ticket to make them easily identified, as recognised recently in this Hinterland Times article.
Facts at a Glance:
- Over 15% of our sales are local product.
- We have 75 local suppliers.
- We stock over 900 local products.
- Why? Low food miles = Freshness!
Top 10 Home Grown Heroes (by sales)
- Maleny Dairies - 30 lines
- Dancourt Trading (nuts and other grocery lines) - 230 lines
- Barry's Family Butchers (Peachester ham and bacon) - 4 lines
- Maleny Bakery Bread - 4 lines
- Maleny Cheese - 31 lines.
- Maleny in Bloom Flowers - 12 lines
- Kenilworth Cheese - 34 lines
- Montville Coffee - 13 lines
- Maleny Coffee - 5 lines.
- Pomadora's (yummy dressings) - 11 lines